Sunday, December 10, 2006

Can I be a ballerina?

Today, Georgia and I spent some quality mother-daughter time together and experienced her first ballet, The Nutcracker. She was so excited that she got to wear her fancy, new red dress. I think that it is so entertaining to watch little girls in their best dresses. They act so prim and proper, resist covering up with a coat, and often spin continuously, just to make sure that everyone is watching them. My child is no different and during intermission, she pirouetted and pranced all throughout the lobby. She is a natural ham, so the more that people watched, the more she performed. At the end of the show, after marveling at all the beautiful dancers and their sparkling costumes, she asked, "Can I be a ballerina?" She was especially impressed with the children her age that were in the production. My favorite part was looking over and seeing her face all lit up as she watched the dancing and listened to the music.

1 comment:

Honey said...

That had to be a great mother-daughter event...your mother and her Honey would have loved to have seen her sparkle and twirl!!!G looked gorgeous in her fancy dress.
Love ya oodles