Thursday, December 21, 2006

Hark! The Hairless Angels Sing...Brody Dances


During this time of year, I keep several Christmas CDs in the car so Georgia and I can fight over hearing our favorite songs. It is really funny to hear kids sing what they think are the lyrics. Yesterday, from the back seat I heard Hark! The Hairless Angels Sing instead of the Herald ones. Diet Dr. Pepper almost came out of my nose. One of those little priceless moments.
On the car ride back from preschool, Georgia actually let the disc play past "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" and "Little Saint Nick" by The Beach Boys started to play. I like the song, but it is not one of my traditional favorites. I happened to look in the rear view mirror and saw Brody totally jamming out--head shaking, hands clapping, legs moving. It is something Chris affectionately calls his "Little Stevie" in honor of Stevie Wonder. We have seen it quite a few times and he does not seem to have a particular music genre that sets him off yet. It just makes me laugh out loud when I see it because it is so cute...and not because I am his mother!

No comments: