Monday, March 16, 2009

Dr. Eyeball

Brody has been in this literal stage lately. Ever the little professor, he constantly asks questions about how things work or what people do at their jobs. I confess I have run scrambling for the Internet a time or two to find an answer that was acceptable to to him. There are a lot of "Whys?" coming from that child. He equates people's jobs by what they literally, not generally do. He says things like "that's a corn man (farmer)" or "the stamp lady (our sometimes foul-tempered post office worker)."

Today, I had to go for an eye exam and this is what was said while we were waiting.

B: What is the man going to do to you?
Me: The eye doctor will make sure my eyes are healthy.
B: He looks at your whole eye?
Me: Yes.
B: Your eyeball?
Me: Yes.

So when my doctor comes in to the room, Brody yells, "Hey! It's Dr. Eyeball! Yeah!"
He's a young guy and goes to my gym. I think I will yell that to him over the treadmills this week.

No comments: