Saturday, May 10, 2008

Uncle Drew in the Windy City

The Gonzales Clan

My little brother, hereafter referred to as Uncle Drew came up for a visit and a little R&R before his big move to San Diego. I don't think he got the relaxing part. Poor thing had to live the life of a stay at home mom, which is so much more busy than one might think. Uncle Drew was subjected to gym and dance classes, school pick up, the moms at the park, multiple Rock Band concerts in the basement and out to eat with just me and the kids. No wonder he had to buy beer by Thursday!

We did make an overnight trip to Chicago and did a few fun things, too. We showed Uncle Drew the Science and Industry Museum and the whole crew indulged my trip through the new Smart House exhibit. Chris is usually resistant to my save the earth ways, but I think he is coming around. After a quick drive past the lake, Soldier Field and Millenium Park, we headed to the Mag Mile. Uncle Drew got to try his first Chicago-style deep dish pizza

A slice of the Meaty Legend

and write on the wall at Gino's. We also had some of the best cheese sticks ever, upon recommendation of DJ our very Russian waiter with a very thick accent. He also talked us into three cheap pitchers of Miller Lite.



We missed the Sears Tower, but Uncle Drew graciously went into American Girl and the Lego Store to appease the little people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that picture of ya'll at the Pizza Parlor...the writing is definately on the wall. I love your kids!!!
Uncle Drew