Friday, October 3, 2008

Eat and Get Out

This is how I feel sometimes.

We headed up to Chicago to drag another relative through some of our favorite places and a few new ones. So far we have hosted Honey, Uncle Drew and now Aunt Amy, Chris' sister. Just a few more to go.

Georgia and Aunt Amy in their stylish diner hats

We tried the Field Museum, had another Meaty Legend at Gino's and were there for the grand re-opening of the American Girl Place. Georgia was so excited because we were having her doll's hair done at the doll salon for the very first time. I wish I had a picture of it...dropped the ball on that one. I even acquiesced to having Gabriella's (the doll) ears pierced-a totally new service. She was a little bummed that she could not watch it being done. I thought to myself that this was a good call. No one wants to watch their beloved doll get a spike hammered into its head. Probably would not fit with the oh so "pretty in pink" image they have going over there.
Our new stop for this trip was a diner called Ed Debevic's. Gigantic portions, cheeky waitresses (think of the PG version of Dick's Last Resort), and yummy, yummy food. Chris' milkshake was one of the best that I have tasted. We split this ginormous chili cheese hot dog. The darn thing was a foot long and not one of those skinny ones, either. Our waitress brought it to us saying "I've got a big wiener for you!" and calling out in passing,
"How's that big wiener going down?" and "Do you like my big wiener?"
We did.

No comments: