Sunday, October 14, 2007

Chicago with Honey..part one



My mom and I took the kids to Chicago for the weekend and had a great time. The weather was cool and perfect, except the last day when it rained. We checked out the Star Wars exhibit at the Science and Industry Museum which was so cool. If you even remotely liked the movies, you will find this pretty interesting. I am a dork who loved the movies, so this was really my thing. I only wish Chris could have gone, because he would have been in there for hours. Georgia and I each drove a hover craft for a few seconds, played with robots and learned how magnetic levitation works. The neatest thing was getting to ride in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon and experience the "jump to light speed."

The kids got to watch their own spinning tops being made step by step and packaged in the toy factory. They also fought over who was going to fly a plane and checked out the submarine exhibit. We spent the rest of our time in the "train room" where my little boy could spend days watching the choo-choos. That place is so huge, you will never get through it in a day. I am so glad we bought a membership.

No comments: