Friday, June 25, 2010

24 Hours

I have less than 24 hours in Illinois. It is hard to believe that 4 years have flown by like that. I came here with a 4 yr old that is now a very grown up 8 and thinks she is 35. I brought with me a baby that is addicted to legos and will be starting kindergarten this year.

I am thinking about how empty my house is starting to look as the movers take everything out to the van. I am sad for my kids that we are leaving a wonderful area where they have made friends. I am sad for myself that I won't get to see my fantastic mommy posse for anything and everything. I am grateful for these women who have supported me when it was so hard to be away from family, or when my husband went on business trips or when I jacked up my knee and couldn't walk on crutches and carry an 8 month old, or when I needed a shoulder or a hand or a drink, or whenever. I will miss them--and the girls nights out.

I am excited that I will rekindle relationships with old friends, get to know my niece, hug my sister daily if I want to and eat as much awesome Mexican food as I can take. I am ready to go home.

No comments: