Wednesday, May 30, 2007

H-Town




The kids and I stayed behind in Texas for a few weeks to visit my family and of course eat the local food. I miss my tacos and BBQ. We hit Pappasito's the first night we were in Fort Worth! I felt like a drug addict getting a fix.

We traveled to Houston with my sister, Zannah and her husband, Matt. That was a fun car ride. (read..very sarcastic tone) The kids were in rare form as we left late in the afternoon. Neither had an inclination to sleep so there was a lot of screaming, whining, and carrying on. For those who endure long car rides with their children, you know of what I speak and are probably semi-immune to the cacophony of noise coming from the backseat. Aunt Z and Uncle Matt are not. I really felt for them, but my sister coped in rare fashion. She had Georgia play the quiet game with monetary incentive: a quarter for every five minutes of silence. My daughter is quite enamored with money, so it worked for quite a while.

The rain continued for most of our visit, but the kids and Uncle Matt had a great time on their Slip N Slide.

No comments: